9.05.2008

Reservations Anyone?

I was on my favorite food blog today Picky Palate. She featured this restaurant in Taipei called Modern Toilet. I come from a family with a sense of humor and I figured they might all get a kick out of this post.


It accommodates 100 seats with each made from toilet bowls. The specialties at the restaurant accompany sink faucets and the food is served in mini plastic toilet bowls. The toilet rolls that serve for wiping hand and mouth are hung above the tables, which may resemble glass-topped jumbo bathtubs.


That is just wrong! Would you care for a bite?


The company plans on expanding.

6 you stopped by, so say Hi!:

Stine said...

Yeah, I have reservations - about going there - EWWW! That's so crazy. And just crazy enough that you would have to try it once. But probably not more than once.

Katherine said...

I would sooo have to try that just to be able to tell about the experience.

I especially loved the choclate icecream. I wonder where I could find some of those bowls. That would make a great April fools joke for my family.

I love it!

Larsen Family said...

ok. that is just plain nasty. i would definitely throw up.

lexie said...

That is totally gross! Who would really want to eat out of a toliet bowl. And besides, toliet seats are so not comfy!
thanks for posting the info about my sisters bows!

Bilary said...

That is so flippin' funny! I am dying here! I would LOVE to eat there, and I HATE going out to eat! I love the ice cream in the toilet dish. HILARIOUS! This sort of stuff is just right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

Krystal Dooley said...

That is messed up! I think i'd eat there, though if i had the opportunity.